In the field of makeup, eyelashes play an important role. That is why different techniques, treatments, and products have been created to make them look longer and thus obtain a more penetrating look. But, which of all is the best option? Here we will put in debate the facelift and eyelash extensions.
What is the lash lift?
This aesthetic treatment consists of fixing products to semi-permanently mold, lift and lengthen the client’s own eyelashes. This allows the hair to look longer but completely natural, without any hairpiece.
This process is painless and non-abrasive. It is an excellent option for clients who have long eyelashes and want to give their eyes more breadth and sensuality without using extensions. Likewise, it is of short duration, since it is already finished in a maximum of 45 minutes and can last up to a month and a half.
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions or false eyelashes are synthetic, or natural hairs applied to the client’s original eyelashes. So that more volume and length are obtained since more eyelashes are added than the person already naturally has.
Depending on the result you want to achieve, there are different techniques and effects to give your look a different touch; this considers the type of eye and its specific shape.
This process can last 1 or 2 hours, depending on the type of technique and the skill of the professional who applies it. It is also painless and non-abrasive. In the end, you will get impressive, voluminous lashes and a much deeper look.
Differences between lifting and eyelash extensions.
Knowing what each of these procedures consists of, what differences exist between lifting and eyelash extensions? Is one better than the other? In itself, these techniques are completely different, so one will have advantages that the other does not. Here we will mention the most outstanding ones.
- One of the main differences is that the lash lift has a much more natural effect than the extensions. And it is that this treatment does not use hairpieces; it is the lengthening of natural hair itself. This allows you to go to the beach, pool, and bathe, which is impossible with certain eyelash extensions, as they could be damaged in these circumstances.
- However, the primary advantage of lash extensions over lifting is that the latter will never achieve as voluminous an effect as extensions. Extensions allow you to obtain more hair and, therefore, thicker eyelashes.
- Another difference between the lifting and eyelash extensions is that the latter fall off over time; it is normal since it is a false hair placed in the natural hair. This can be annoying if you don’t go to the same professional to remove or renew them, which does not happen with the facelift.
- False eyelashes guarantee you a wide variety of personalized designs; as we mentioned before, different techniques depending on the result. Instead, the facelift will have a natural and neutral result. There is the classic technique, volume technique, hybrid technique, etc. Likewise, the cat’s eye, squirrel, and doll’s eye effects are among the most outstanding. All based on how you want your look to be.
- On the other hand, the facelift has an advantage over eyelash extensions in terms of time. Applying the extensions can last up to 2 hours depending on the chosen design, while with lifting in 30 or 45 minutes, you are ready. A point in favor if you want a fast and effective aesthetic treatment.
Lifting and eyelash extensions meet different needs for different occasions and clients. However, both techniques embellish our eyes. In the end, we can conclude that no treatment is better than another since each one seeks different results and effects.